Fall Farmhouse Tumbler
- Precio regular
- Precio regular
- Precio de venta
A quintessential staple of fall. Hints of crisp fall air, pumpkins in the pumpkin patch, the spices of fresh cider, and the fir trees that surround you.
Notes: clove, fir, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, cedarwood
+ 100% natural soy wax grown in the USA
+ Lead-free cotton wicks
+ Vegan, paraben-free, phthalates-free, and cruelty-free
+ Hand-poured in small batches in our San Diego studio
+ White glass tumbler
+ Individually boxed
+ Packaged with compostable and sustainably sourced materials
+ Approximate burn time: 55+ hours
+ Size: 10oz / 284g
+ Trim the wick to 1/4" before each use
+ The first burn should last until the melt pool reaches the edge of the glass (~2-3 hours). This helps to ensure a more even burn, reduces candle tunneling, and helps your candle have a longer life
+ Burn candles for 4 hours max at a time
+ Keep candle free of debris
+ Never leave a candle unattended
+ Don't burn candles in areas with a draft
+ Burn your candle on a flat, heat-resistant surface in a safe place away from the reach of pets or kids
+ When the wax reaches 1/4" left, it's time to clean out the jar and repurpose it for your home
All of our products are made to order and made by hand. Natural variations may occur.
Why The Homemade Collective?
Made with care, our products are free of carcinogens and phthalates
Woman-Owned and Hand-Poured
In small batches to ensure consistency and quality
Always striving to reduce our impact on the planet
Complimentary scent samples included with every order
What are your candles made with?
Our candles are made with soy wax which is non-toxic, renewable, biodegradable, and sustainable. For the wick, we use a mix of cotton-braided wicks and FSC Certified wood wicks, which are all eco-friendly and clean-burning. For scent, we only use clean scents that have gone through a rigorous testing process to ensure the exclusion of cancer-causing ingredients and that are 100% phthalate-free!
Why soy wax?
1. It's non-toxic. Soy wax is derived from soybeans, which is a renewable and biodegradable resource. Soy wax is a natural and non-toxic substance, unlike paraffin wax which is derived from petroleum, a non-renewable resource, and may contain harmful chemicals such as benzene and toluene.
2. Soy wax burns cleaner meaning less soot and smoke when burned, which makes them safer for indoor use. The cleaner burn of soy wax also means that it doesn't release as many harmful chemicals into the air compared to paraffin wax candles.
3. Soy wax has a lower melting point than paraffin wax, which means it burns cooler and slower. This makes soy wax candles less likely to cause burns or start a fire if knocked over.
4. Soy is a renewable resource, unlike paraffin wax which is derived from petroleum, a finite resource. Soybeans can be easily and sustainably grown and harvested, making soy wax a more environmentally friendly option.
5. Soy wax is biodegradable, meaning it will break down over time and not accumulate in landfills. This makes it a more sustainable choice compared to paraffin wax candles which do not break down and can contribute to environmental pollution.
What’s wrong with candles sold in big retailers?
Most candles you see at bigger retailers are paraffin wax or soy blended with paraffin. Paraffin is undesired for a number of reasons. The biggest is that it releases toxic emissions into the air, such as benzene and tulene. These chemicals an contribute to indoor air pollution and have been linked to health problems like respiratory irritation, allergies, and even cancer.
The other 2 big reasons why it's more frowned upon in the industry is paraffin is non-renewable and unsustainable. Petroleum is the raw material used to make paraffin wax. The extraction and processing of petroleum can have negative environmental impacts, including air and water pollution, habitat destruction, and climate change.
I’ve always gotten headaches with candles. Will yours be different?
Most likely, YES you'll have a much different experience with our candles!
For years, people have had headaches while burning candles. They become convinced that they're allergic or just too sensitive to smell. However more than likely your headache is actually being caused by 2 main things - either the paraffin wax or the use of harmful fragrances. Both release chemicals into the air when burned. These chemicals can irritate the nasal passages, sinuses, and lungs, leading to headaches, nausea, dizziness, and other symptoms.
What makes your candles different?
I make all the candles (and all other products we offer) in my home studio in San Diego, California. Every step of the candle making process is done by hand - from cleaning jars to placing the wicks to blending scents to packaging and labeling them! They also made in small batches, which ensures consistency from one candle to the next and that each and every candle is at the upmost level of quality! Every order I receive makes me jump for joy and cry happy tears to know that something I made by hand is in your home and bringing you joy!
I burn my candles all day long. Is that bad?
YES, please don't do that! First and foremost, burning your candle longer than 4 hours is a fire hazard. The longer you burn, the bigger the wick gets. The bigger the wick gets, the hotter the flame. The hotter the flame, the quicker the wax will melt. All of these things can cause the candle to overheat. Burning it longer also causes increased amounts of soot and smoke.
The other big issue with burning a candle longer than 4 hours is that it greatly shortens the lifespan of your candle. As we talked about above, the longer you burn the candle the bigger the wick gets and the hotter the flame. With it burning hotter, it's using more wax which means that your candle will never reach the full lifespan you see on our product pages.
How do I know how to properly care for my products?
Visit this page to learn about the dos and don'ts of caring for your products!